Finn in America

Thursday, August 18, 2005

First pictures from New York



Ok when I first got here I was very tired and not in the best of moods. I was blown away walking along Broadway through Times Square to get to my hostel and the park was pretty cool but after exploring the city for a while exhausted I started feeling very claustraphobic and that this place was just a CBD that never ended and I don't really like CBDs all that much.



Anyway, once I got the hang of the subways (I've still got to get used to the heat. Why the hell is it so hot down those things?) I was able to get out of Trumps part of town to some nicer areas like China Town and the Villiage.



This is inside Central station. I took other photos but this internet costs money. Bloody NY.



This is the only thing outside Grand central Station I could take a photo of. The rest is being redone.



Today I feel much better after 14 hours of sleep. It's hot today but that's ok. I'm off to explore the park.

4 Comments:

  • Nice photos Finn. You look really tired in the second one. I'm not surpised that you slept so much! I can't wait for some photos of the Park. I hope your not there till after dark. Whats the feeling over there about the park at night, do New Yorkers think its dangerous too? Or only certain bits?

    By Blogger Laura, at 9:19 AM  

  • Thanks Laura,
    Yeah I was really tired. I'm uploading photos now. I don't think I'll go into the park at night but the rest of the city feels really safe at night.

    By Blogger Finn, at 10:05 AM  

  • Oh thanks Finn for putting yourself in a photo. It's good to see you. Does this trip seem to last and last or is it all flashing by? Was it the tallness of the buildings that chlaustra-ed you? What is your accom like now? Is there no free internet access? Or for the price of a cup of coffee?

    By Anonymous Charmayne, at 7:17 PM  

  • No worries mum. Time does seem to be going fast now but I've still got two weeks. I'm just taking it slow. I love sleeping in so I'm doing as much of that as I can and then just doing a few things a day. It's been raining today and Laura! I just saw some people wearing gumboots!

    I'm used to this city now. It was just before I knew how to get around that I didn't like it. No free internet yet so I have to hurry with email etc. Still looking for some!

    By Blogger Finn, at 4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home