Finn in America

Thursday, August 25, 2005

City hall and Queens


This type of bike, while photographed in New York, is considered very cool in San Francisco. Only 1 gear and you can't stop peddling and it's really hard to stop the bike without brakes. Apparently the less stuff on it the better.


This thing's really huge. The biggest city hall I ever done seen.


There's none of this in Manhatten that I could find. There's some line somewhere that I haven't seen yet called the high line that they're going to turn into some kind of public space cos it doesn't get used. There was a section at MoMA on the plans for it. Pretty impressive.


Ah Photoshop... I didn't cheat with the fortune cookie saying though! I actually got that in the only fortune cookie I've had here. It made me laugh.


I hope this isn't just going to be a replica of the Nightmare Before Christmas. I've seen that too many times.

4 Comments:

  • Are you doing a bike bondage series? This is an echo of the poor ransacked bike in San Francisco. Are you missing your own bike?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:53 PM  

  • The fortune cookie shot is pretty good. So are your fingernails! The corpse bride is a good poster too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:55 PM  

  • I didn't get to take a picture of the "cool" bike of San Francisco while I was there but I managed to find this one in New York. They are called one speeds and, you guessed it, they only have one gear and the bare essentials. It's weird riding them cos you can't stop peddeling. Whenever the wheel moves, the peddles move as well not like normal bikes.

    By Blogger Finn, at 2:02 AM  

  • The furtune cookie shot is a composition! I had photshop where I was posting the photos and I'd taken two photos so that I could composite them later cos I wanted them both to be in the same shot but at that distance it's not possible for them both to be in focus! Who is this anonymous? You know you can click "other" when posting comments and use your name. Yeah the corpse bride looks good but I just saw the ad last night and the music is exactly the same as the nightmare before christmas but sometimes they just use other music for the ads cos the music hasn't been done yet so it may change. It does look a whole lot like the nightmare before christmas though.

    By Blogger Finn, at 2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home